Monday, September 1, 2008

"Abiding in the Vine"

John 15: 1-11



I recently discovered, through some painful lessons, that as long as I abide in Jesus Christ, and His Word, I can minister Life and liberty to hurting souls in distress.


However, if I break my connection to the "Vine," my source of strength and life, I will begin to wither and eventually die spiritually. My purpose for living and ministry will fade away from neglect. Consequently, I will have to take a place in line with the other souls in distress waiting for deliverance and healing.


To be a "castaway" is death. To be separated from the "Vine" is death. Therefore I must remain focused on Jesus and His Word. I must reject all distractions that try to divert my attention and devotion to a strange god, strange fire, or idolatry in any form.


To be effective in ministry I must endure pruning. I must forgive all hurts. I must be purged of all selfish motives so that I can flourish and bloom for and with Jesus Christ. To bring God glory must be my mission, and my first priority. I must be about my Father's business and bear much fruit for His kingdom. Then and only then will I know true peace and happiness, while experiencing the Father's abundant love that emits from the "Vine."


No comments: