Thursday, January 14, 2010

Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago,
One day I saw a sign that read Heaven's Grocery Store,
As I got a little closer the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself I was standing inside.





I saw a host of angels they were standing everywhere,
One handed me a basket and said "My child shop with care,"
Everything a Christian needed was in that Grocery Store,
And all you couldn't carry, you could come back the next day for more.





First I some PATIENCE, Love was in the same row,
Further down was UNDERSTANDING, you need that everywhere you go,
I got a box of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH,
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost for it was all over the place.


I stopped to get some Strength and Courage to help me run this race.
By then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some GRACE.


I didn't forget SALVATION, for salvation that was free,
So, I tried to get enough to save both you and me.
Then I started up to the counter to pay my grocery bill,
For I thought I had everything to do my Father's will.


As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER and I just had to put that in,
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into Sin,
PEACE and JOY were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and Praises were hanging near so I just helped myself.



Then, I said to the Angel "Now, how much do I owe?"
He just smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."
Again I smiled at him and said, "How much now do I really owe?"


He smiled again and said, "My child JESUS PAID YOUR BILL A LONG TIME AGO."




This author is unknown.
These words needed to be repeated.

No comments: